Running suit for men: making the right choice
Among all known types of cardio loads, running is considered the most useful and universal (and, to a lesser extent, brisk walking). However, regular runs at any time of the year and in any weather require appropriate equipment. After all, the street is not a warm and comfortable gym. And so in the winter you sometimes have to run in the cold, in the summer in the heat, in the spring and autumn in the rain, and all this is not only on flat, but also on rough terrain. Allowable temperatures for recreational jogging in the fresh air are considered the lower limit of minus 5 degrees, and the upper limit of plus 25. This means that the equipment for running in the winter will be radically different from the summer or spring-autumn version.
What and when to put on men and women to protect themselves from colds and injuries? How to improve endurance with the right shoe choice? What rules to follow when choosing a jogging outfit? How far is jogging? Should weighting be used when running? How not to earn flat feet? What should a complete running gear include? And is it important to combine physical activity with proper nutrition? Let's try to understand in detail the questions posed.
Spring and autumn
These seasons will have to dress warmer. There are likely to be two layers of clothing:
If it's March or November and it's cold enough, a sweatshirt for running is a good choice. In addition, you will need thermal socks (for example, from "Odlo" or "Saucony"). The heel and toe in them are additionally strengthened. An arch support is provided in the foot. A soft microfiber fabric perfectly fights with excess moisture and odors.
How to dress for running in the winter? Since this is the coldest time of the year, we will need not two, but three layers of clothing:
- The first layer is the already mentioned high-tech thermal underwear.
- The second is an insulated tracksuit on the fleece.
- The third is a rather warm, but thin, light jacket or windbreaker for running in winter with ventilation inserts in the armpits.
At low temperatures, warmer winter socks for running are added to this equipment, as well as a thin woolen hat and the same comfortable gloves.
The right materials and thermoregulation
Preference should be given to clothing made of synthetic materials (polyester, elastane, spandex), which are designed specifically for intense loads. They absorb, but at the same time, remove moisture. Thereby, the sweat evaporates without disturbing the natural heat transfer and ventilation. In summer, the body does not overheat, and in winter it remains warm, in both cases the clothes on the body remain dry.
Compression Running Clothes
Separately, it is worth mentioning such an achievement of the modern sports industry as compression clothing (which is used by all professional athletes without exception for races).
- Activation of blood circulation, increasing the level of oxygen supply to cells.
- The effect of proprioception (lowering the production of lactic acid by the body - the main reason for “acidification” and muscle fatigue, which causes severe pain when running long distances).
In addition, compression clothing:
- does not allow skin rubbing during movement,
- absolutely anti-allergenic,
- very durable and provides reliable protection against accidental scratches and other minor mechanical damage,
- evaporates moisture almost instantly
- in many models it is equipped with additional tabs for uniform load distribution during impacts.
Running shoes - important criteria
It is equally important to choose high-quality running shoes - since ordinary sneakers and especially running sneakers are absolutely unsuitable. The main difference between such shoes from our everyday options is a much higher level of shock absorption of its sole and insole, designed to compensate for long shock loads and dynamic pressure on the foot. In addition, running shoes are characterized by a number of other important qualities, while taking into account even minor anatomical differences in female and male models.
The differences between male and female models
And separately - differences for male models:
- more tight fixation of the middle part of the shoe,
- reinforced zonal foot support,
- more powerful backdrop.
Unlike competition models, high-quality sneakers for everyday running necessarily contain reflective elements (it is obvious that such a solution is implemented to ensure safety when jogging in the dark).
Heart rate monitor (necessary for monitoring heart rate). Why is this done? In order to choose the optimal pace of running. From the point of view of medicine, it is considered the speed at which your heart rate reaches 220 minus age (that is, for a 30-year-old athlete, the indicator will be 220 - 30 = 190 beats / min.). The choice of models is at your discretion (the best have a more advanced screen and a number of additional functions).
A running watch with GPS (convenient not only with a comfortable dial, but also with the ability to accurately determine your location in real time). In the best models, the case is very durable and water-resistant, it lasts 10-12 hours at maximum load, and the number of additional functions is quite large - including a calorie counter, heart rate monitor, etc. The cost of professional watches is not so small, but they are worth it .
Pedometer - convenient in that it can be used in everyday life, considering your steps in 24/7 mode. He has only one function, but this device also costs as little as possible.
An important criterion that should be considered when choosing clothes for jogging is its size. The concept, the freer the better, does not fit here. On the contrary, too wide clothing will only interfere with running. She twists, legs cling to each other, which only distracts from training. Narrow clothes will help to avoid all this, but it is also not the best option. The fact is that too tight-fitting equipment fetters movement, during intense training it rubs and causes irritation. So, let’s clarify: running clothes should not fall off you, but should be a size larger than close-fitting.
This is the defining moment when choosing running clothes. In no case should you take clothing made from natural fabrics for such an intense sport - they do not have sufficient breathing properties for active training. For running, synthetics are most suitable - polyester and polyamide. They breathe enough and can have different - more or less dense - texutura with various technologies for removing moisture to the surface of clothing.
Kalenji running clothes, in particular, have a moisture removal technology Equarea.
These elements will be important for those who run in the dark. Reflective or retroreflective tags and patterns will serve as a signal of your presence for drivers and cyclists, which will help you avoid unpleasant consequences from running in the dark. Best of all, when on a T-shirt or tights, reflective elements are located on both sides - both front and back. So visibility will be maximum.
The presence of pockets
It is also worth paying attention to the presence of pockets for keys and a smartphone - they can replace you with special devices and save you from carrying additional equipment.
Clothing for running in cold weather, in addition to the basic qualities of running clothing - breathing properties, preventing rubbing, muscle support and the presence of reflective elements - must have several more properties. We recommend that you pay attention to the following:
In the autumn-winter period, it is especially important to pay attention to the insulating properties of clothing - any hypothermia during training is fraught with a cold. Therefore, you need to wear a jacket or sweatshirt on the moisture-removing T-shirt, which will help you not freeze.
How to choose a suit for running?
Sportswear for men is made in various models, they vary in:
In addition, there are many factors to consider when choosing the best sportswear for your workout. Activities such as running, fitness, tennis or hiking, require sportswear made from anti-sweat fibers, which:
- absorb moisture
- prevent excessive sweating,
- keep the body dry.
Since cotton clothes are irritating, light and comfortable technical fabrics should be tried. Clothing made from technical fabrics is scientifically designed with a wide range of movements in mind. Tracksuits are made from synthetic materials, such as:
These materials are lightweight and “anatomically engineered”, which means they are made to fit the natural shape and movement of the body to ensure maximum mobility.
Compression clothing is a new trend in running. These clothes are made from specially designed fabrics, tailored and sewn in such a way that improves circulation during and after physical activity to help relieve stiff, sore muscles and speed up the recovery process.
It is also known that such clothing stimulates blood circulation, reduces the accumulation of lactic acid and prevents muscle soreness. For many years, such garments have been used in medicine to improve the symptoms associated with diabetes, vein disease, and puffiness. Now they have been adopted by runners with claims that such clothing significantly improves productivity.
For jogging you should choose clothes that do not hamper the active movement of arms and legs. At the same time, it should have special mesh inserts that will help to well ventilate the air. The seams in running clothes should be flat, which will help eliminate irritation and rubbing the skin. A tracksuit must be light so as not to cause discomfort when running.
There are several tissue options that you should pay attention to when choosing.
- Bamboo. This fabric is gaining popularity among runners and athletes. Such natural material is made from bamboo cellulose. It is light, absorbs moisture well, and also protects the skin from ultraviolet rays,
- nylon. This breathable fabric is designed for jogging, thanks to its water-repellent and quick-drying functions,
- polyester. Affordable, durable, lightweight and wrinkle resistant material. It is able to perfectly absorb moisture from the surface of the skin and isolates from the external environment, even if it is wet,
- polypropylene. It is a fully waterproof polyester material. It works well as a base coat, as it retains moisture and prevents clothes from sticking to the body,
- spandex, also known under the brand name Lycra. This is the king of stretch fabrics. It can expand up to 600% of its original size. Products made from such material offer unlimited movement,
- lyocell. It is a biodegradable, non cremable fabric that is made from wood pulp. It has tiny villi - like fibrils that make it luxurious in texture and help retain moisture,
- wool. It is best suited for winter, because with its help pockets with air are created, thanks to which heat is maintained during running.
Suit for running at different times of the year
Clothing for an active life changes dramatically depending on the time of year when training in the fresh air takes place. The main rule that should be used is that for jogging clothes should be worn, as if it is 20 ° C warmer on the street than in reality.
During the winter seasons, thicker tracksuits should be chosen. This will help withstand cold weather. For winter, special fibers are used, such as synthetic fleece, which creates air pockets to hold air near the body and maintain heat transfer, thereby ensuring comfort without being too heavy to wear.
Winter sets should consist of three layers of clothing:
- thermal underwear - is the first layer. The composition of this material will help the skin breathe and get rid of protruding sweat in a timely manner,
- insulation is the next layer. The best option for insulation is goose or eiderdown. Products that are cheaper contain insulation from padding polyester,
- protective layer - final. It is intended for protection against wind, dampness, and also should not impede air circulation.
To remain visible in the snow, you should definitely choose a man’s suit for running in the winter in bright colors and with reflective elements.
When choosing a summer suit, runners should take precautions when working in high temperature conditions, in order to avoid diseases associated with heat. Firstly, prepare the upper part of the clothes, from a synthetic fabric allowing the evaporation of sweat. And secondly, you need to buy light, loose things that allow the body to breathe and cool itself naturally. Close clothing will limit this process, and dark colors absorb the light and heat of the sun, which will lead to even more overheating of the body.
Running Clothing Requirements
- Outdoor jogging clothing should be lightweight. Bulky equipment complicates and fetters movements, does not give everything in full force. A jersey and shorts for jogging in winter is, of course, bust. It is recommended to give preference to clothes from light and thin materials of the new generation, which retain heat and reliably protect from the weather, but do not interfere with natural ventilation.
- Sports equipment should promote thermoregulation. Even in cold weather, in high-quality running clothing, the skin should not sweat much. If at the beginning of the race you feel a little cool, and after a short time it becomes warm and comfortable, you are dressed properly.
- The sports kit should be selected according to the figure so that the clothes fit the body, but do not hamper the movement. However, it should not be wide and voluminous. Agree, it’s inconvenient to run when the T-shirt is twisted and the pants fall off.
- To ensure the safety of jogging in the evening, you must either purchase a jacket and a T-shirt with reflective stripes in front and behind, or stick the tape yourself. Sports shoes should also have reflective inserts.
- You cannot train in tight sneakers. They will rub the skin and pinch blood vessels, preventing normal blood flow. The distance between the thumb and toe of athletic shoes should be about 1 cm. Buying sneakers or sneakers is preferable in the afternoon.
- Shoes should be worn on socks, preferably seamless, breathable.
- The insoles must be removed from the running shoes to dry.
- The feet should also breathe. It is best that the fabric base of the sneaker and sneaker be equipped with a mesh.
- When buying sports shoes should carefully study the sole. The thin sole does not soften the shock load on the foot in contact with a hard surface. Over time, this can result in personal injury and damage. Choose sneakers with cushioning in the toe and sole.
Rules for choosing clothes for summer runs
- Clothing for running should help the body adapt to weather conditions. In hot weather, athletic material should remove moisture and allow air to pass through. It used to be that cotton clothing was ideal for sports. But this natural material instantly gets wet, which causes an unpleasant odor. It is best to give preference to light sports T-shirts made of synthetic materials that do not absorb moisture.
- The t-shirt should not be too wide, but it is also undesirable that it fit snugly on the body - irritation may appear on the skin.
- Dressing in hot weather is easy. Instead of pants and leggings, it is better to choose shorts. Men can work out in swimming trunks or athletic underpants.
- Wear a hat to avoid sunstroke. It can be a cap, scarf or bandana. The main thing is that during the movement the headgear does not fly off, and it does not have to be periodically corrected.
- Also remember about protecting your skin from direct sunlight. For 15-20 minutes before going outside, you need to lubricate the exposed areas with sunscreen. Avoid exercising in the air when the ultraviolet rays are too active (from 11 to 16 hours).
Rules for choosing clothes for jogging in cold weather
In cool weather, sports equipment for running should consist of several layers. It is necessary that the material in contact with the skin does not absorb moisture, but removes it. For these purposes, T-shirts made from natural fabrics will not work. In them, you risk sweating and catching a cold. You can wear a sports shirt, for example, from polyester or other synthetic material.
Many athletes run in thermal underwear in winter. Each set is designed for classes at a certain temperature range. Therefore, if you are determined to go jogging in any weather, you may need several sets. For example, you can buy thermal underwear designed for temperatures of + 5 ... -20ºС, and a kit that protects against wind and cold in frosts down to -30ºС.
- In winter, a sweater or sweatshirt should be worn over the bottom of the T-shirt. Also in cold weather, you can not do without a sports jacket with a hood. It is better to give preference to membrane tissue. It is light and relatively thin, but at the same time moisture resistant, does not let cold air through and removes fumes.
- It is necessary that the feet be warm in any weather, so the thermal socks will not interfere.
- Also do not forget about the hat. You can wear a tight knitted hat for jogging, but there must be holes in it to provide ventilation. As an option, you can purchase a cap-hood with a face mask that protects the skin even in severe frost.
- To prevent frostbite and chapping, wear woolen or knitted gloves.
- Shoes that are specially designed for winter sports, which do not become stiff under the influence of low temperatures. When buying, you need to pay attention to what weather conditions sports sneakers or sneakers are designed for. Operation below the temperature indicated on the box may cause the top layer material to crack or burst.
- Before going outside, lubricate the skin of hands and face with a protective cream so that it does not begin to peel off due to wind and cold.
An example of a sports wardrobe for running for a year
If you are jogging daily, you will need several winter and summer outfits.
- A standard running wardrobe can consist of the following things (1 set):
- lightweight synthetic tank tops with or without sleeves, boxer tank tops or sports bra for women,
- sports T-shirts with long or short sleeves,
- short shorts, for men swimming trunks,
- trousers or leggings, sports tights, leggings, tights,
- jackets or windcheaters.
Additional elements of sports equipment for running:
It is advisable that for each position there is a change if it is necessary to urgently wash the clothes.
Mistakes that can be made when choosing clothes for running
When a person is just starting to run, he often cannot take into account all the nuances when choosing equipment.
Standard mistakes for beginners when buying a running uniform:
- cheap low-quality materials that do not allow the skin to breathe,
- too tight, tight clothing
- heavy equipment that makes movement difficult
- selection of t-shirts made of natural fabric,
- thin-soled sneakers not designed for street sports,
- heavy closed shoes, not conducive to ventilation.
Modern equipment manufacturers try to make running clothes not only comfortable and practical, but also pleasant to the touch and attractive. Each season, new fashion lines are created, materials and manufacturing technologies are improved. A beautiful and bright tracksuit, sitting on a figure and supporting a comfortable sensation during intense exertion, will serve as additional motivation for new achievements and victories.
Autumn is a rainy season, and wet clothes at this time of the year can cause illness. Clothing should be made of high-quality, moisture-removing and providing freedom of action materials. It is recommended to dress in two layers:
- Upper layer. It can be a waterproof windbreaker or a light raincoat. The product must remove internal moisture to the outside so that it does not linger on the lower layer and does not create a greenhouse effect.
- bottom layer. Depending on the temperature, it can be a simple T-shirt, jacket or thermal underwear. In any case, the main task of the lower layer is the removal of moisture from the body and the simultaneous conservation of heat.
It is recommended to wear athletic skinny pants or tights. It is also important to pay attention to socks. It is better to use not cotton, but special sports.
You need to put on a headdress that not only retains heat, but also protects against getting wet in the event of rain. In rainfall, special glasses are also indispensable.
In winter, it is recommended to use clothes that will warm, and at the same time provide convenience and freedom. You need to dress in several layers:
- First layer - one that is in direct contact with the body. Its task is to remove moisture and prevent hypothermia. It is optimal to use high-quality thermal underwear.
- Over put on a thin fleece jacket or sweatshirt.
- Upper layer - A sports jacket with non-sellable inserts on the chest and ventilation inserts on the back and in the armpit area. It is recommended to wear light sweatpants on your legs.
ATTENTION! In winter, you should not forget about warm socks, gloves and a hat. It is also better to cover your face. Sneakers should be laced with high quality so that they do not get snow.
Characteristics of clothing depend on the materials from which it is made. Do not use 100% natural materials. They are environmentally friendly, but do not remove moisture and dry for too long, and in cold weather it is easy to catch a cold.
Optimum use of synthetic materialsgiving the skin the ability to breathe and at the same time well absorbing moisture.
High-quality synthetic materials have the following advantages:
- high-quality removal of moisture from the body,
- shape retention
- weather resistance.
Such clothes will not allow overcooling in the winter and will protect against overheating in the summer. Of course, high-quality running clothes are more expensive than regular sportswear.
Separately, it is worth noting the special compression clothing for running, which supports certain parts of the body and helps to prevent problems such as diseases of the veins and swelling. The advantages of such products are as follows:
- reduction of pain in the lower extremities,
- prevention of vascular pathologies,
- good moisture removal
- excellent thermoregulation.
Such products improve oxygen metabolism and remove carbon dioxide from the body faster., because of which the athlete is less tired.
Also, compression clothing reduces the likelihood of injury, which is especially important during long intensive training.
A good choice - material with Dri-Fit technology. This is a new generation synthetic fabric that does not absorb moisture, but passes it through its structure and displays to the surface and makes it evaporate instantly.
The skin remains dry, and the activity becomes as comfortable as possible.
Size Selection Features
To run it was more convenient, you need to choose the right size clothing. Products that are too tight will constrain movement, but excessively loose clothing will not work - it will interfere with training. Before making a purchase, when trying on, you need to make several active movements and understand if she is embarrassing them.
For the right selection of clothes you need to know your main parameters: height, chest, waist, hips. It is also important to use a suitable shoe size, given that in cold weather it is worn on socks.
If you fall into averages between two sizes, it is better to choose a larger one to prevent the blood from being squeezed. For the same reason, it is worth choosing low socks in which there is no elastic band compressing the ankle.
Running clothes are offered by many manufacturers. You can purchase individual products or a ready-made kit that includes everything you need.
Nice running suit including pants and sweatshirt, you can buy for 4,000 - 10,000 rubles. A running jacket costs from 3,000 rubles. The cost of thermal underwear starts from 799 rubles.
Kit for men
Men need thermal underwear, a sweatshirt or a jacket as a second layer, a warm jacket, socks, and sneakers to run. For a warm season - comfortable shorts and a T-shirt.
Do not forget about additional accessories: a headdress, glasses, gloves. In the winter season, if it is too cold outside, you can use a special face mask.
Average for the purchase of a set of clothes you will have to pay 4,000 - 6,000 thousand.
One of the options popular in 2018 is the Noname ClubLine Endurance Plus Suit DigiPrint running suit (price - about 7,000 rubles). It includes trousers and a jacket. If you wear a suit on a T-shirt, you can use it at a temperature of 5 to 20 degrees Celsius. When using thermal underwear, you can run in it at temperatures up to 7 degrees below zero.
The jacket has an anatomical cut. Lycra inserts are located on the sides, ventilation valves on the back. The jacket is also equipped with reflective elements, which is convenient for those who run in the dark. Pants with a sufficiently loose cut do not interfere with active movements.
In addition to running, the suit is suitable for outdoor activities and as casual wear, since it has a stylish design.
Kit for women
In the warm season, women need a sports top that fixes their breasts well, and shorts or light leggings.
In the cold season you will need a comfortable suit that removes moisture well and a warm jacket. It is worth buying comfortable running shoes and sports socks.
The price of women's sets starts at 3,000 rubles.
An example of a good running suit for women is Asics Suit GAIA (price - about 5 900 rubles). It includes a functional jacket and pants.
High-quality microfiber does not provoke skin irritation, provides good ventilation and air exchange, keeps warm and dry.
The suit is best used for outdoor training in cool weather.
The principle of layering clothes
Each layer of clothing has its own functions:
- First layer removes moisture and keeps skin dry - a synthetic T-shirt or thin thermal underwear
- Second layer retains heat and removes moisture from the first layer - long sleeve or fleece jacket
- Third layer protects from wind and rain - windproof windbreaker, lightweight jacket with membrane, vest
The principle of multilayer implies 3, sometimes 4 layers. For running in the fall, you can limit yourself to 2 layers: the first layer is required, the second and third can be changed depending on the weather and the intensity of the workout.
It should be cool before training
Dress for an autumn run as if it’s 10 degrees warmer outside - this is a conditional rule, but it works in most cases. In the first minutes after going outside it should have been cool, during training the body will warm up and become comfortable. If it is comfortable just to stand outside in training clothes, you dress too warmly.
Clothing should not only be light, quick-drying and warm, but also comfortable. Sportswear is made of elastic fabrics, so it sits tightly on the body and does not interfere with movement. Even inexpensive running clothing meets these requirements. And old sweaters, turtlenecks, cotton t-shirts are best left for fishing and giving, but certainly not for running.
It quickly darkens in the fall, drizzles and mists often occur. In such conditions, you need to be as visible as possible to drivers. Pay attention to sportswear with reflective inserts. If for some reason such clothing is not available, purchase a lightweight reflective vest.
In early autumn, until the air temperature drops below + 15 ° C, and in the yard there is a sunny “Indian summer”, you can run in shorts and a T-shirt. In windy weather, a long sleeve t-shirt is suitable instead of a T-shirt.
When the thermometer is +10 + 15 ° C, wear 3/4 longsleeve, shorts or tights.
At 0 + 10 ° C, switch to elongated tights or light pants. It’s time to use several layers on the upper body: T-shirt + long sleeve t-shirt, T-shirt + windbreaker. In windy weather, a thin long sleeve or thermal underwear + light windbreaker.
With the first autumn cooling, you need to warm up. At temperatures from -10 to 0 ° C always wear 2 layers: thin thermal underwear + fleece jacket, thermal underwear + windproof windbreaker. Wear warm running pants or warm tights on the bottom.
In the range from -10 to -15 ° C put on the bottom 2 layers: thermal underwear + lightweight running pants or tights. On top of 3 layers: thermal underwear + fleece jacket + windbreaker. Adjust the thickness of the layers depending on the intensity of the workout and the strength of the wind.
Men's thermal underwear Ι Women's thermal underwear
If the temperature drops below -15 ° C, autumn has already turned into winter. Wear thicker thermal underwear, softshell pants and a warm windbreaker. Read more about winter running clothes in our special article.
These recommendations are approximate, since each person has an individual thermoregulation. Here is a sample table that will help you quickly pick up equipment for running in the fall:
|Temperature||What to wear on the bottom?||What to wear on top?|
|+ 15 ° C and above||shorts||T-shirt|
|+10 + 15 ° C||shorts, cropped tights||slim long sleeve|
|0 + 10 ° C||tights or light pants||T-shirt + long sleeve t-shirt + windbreaker|
|-10-0 ° C||thin thermal underwear + fleece jacket, thermal underwear + windproof windbreaker|
|-10 ° C -15 ° C||thermal underwear + running pants or tights||thermal underwear + fleece jacket + windbreaker|
|-15 ° C and below||Read more about winter running clothes in our special article|
How much heat the body will release in the process depends on the intensity of the loads. Therefore, choose equipment depending on your training goals. If you plan to run fast at a high pace - get dressed easier, if the plan is easy jogging - warm up, if running at an average pace - choose an intermediate option (for example, use a vest instead of a jacket).
Autumn Running Accessories
It is important to keep your hands, neck and head warm - more heat is lost through these places. That is why marathon runners are dressed strange for the average person: a shirt, shorts, hat and gloves.
Eliud Kipchoge at the London Marathon.Photo: irishmirror.ie
Depending on the weather, it can be a thin hat or a bandage, the main thing is that the ears are closed. In warm weather, a bandage is enough; it can be hot in a hat. With cooling, go to the cap. The material must be synthetic in order to dry quickly and remove moisture. There are windproof options for harsher weather.
Running hats and headbands
It is better to have 2-3 pairs of gloves for different temperatures. Thin options may already be needed at around 0 ° C, and at -10 ° C choose thicker options, preferably with wind protection. Gloves need to be selected individually, starting from the characteristics of the body. Someone is comfortable running up to -10 ° C without gloves, someone at 0 ° C is already wearing warm gloves. Warm models can be chosen from cross-country skiing gloves.
Gloves and mittens for running
Use a buff to shield your neck from cold, strong winds. Other names: trumpet, bandana, gator, scarf. For the fall, thin synthetic options are suitable, and for severe colds - options with fleece insulation. You can wear a buff on your neck in different ways: with an accordion, in two layers, close your chin with it or pull it on the back of your head when it gets very cold.
Running buffs and gates
Socks for running seem a minor trifle, but can cause a lot of trouble. The recommendations are standard for any weather: no cotton. Synthetic socks remove moisture well and do not rub calluses. For fall, choose tall models that cover the ankles. A chilled ankle can lead to joint and achilles problems.
Fall Clothing Video
A video by Yegor Rukhnikov from the channel “Running, Health, Beauty”.
Go in for sports, move and travel! If you find a mistake or want to discuss the article - write in the comments. We are always glad to communicate.
Follow us on Telegram, Yandex Zen and In contact with.
The purely female part of the equipment is sports sconces, or sports tops (bras). The biggest misconception is that you can run in a normal bra, or without it. Even small breasts require professional support while running. When choosing a sports sconce, you need to consider three main points:
- straps should be wide, even for the minimum breast size (at least 2.5 cm),
- it’s better to choose a top with separate cups, but they must be in size,
- the sconce should be tight and tight enough to protect the chest from throws up and down when running.
There are three degrees of support: weak, medium and strong. For running, it is better to choose sports bras with medium and strong degree of fixation.
To prevent discomfort and rubbing during training, it is important to choose a sconce with flat seams, or seamless. The fabric, as in all sportswear, should easily let in air and remove moisture, keeping the body dry.
The presence of reflective elements
Part of the runners chose as a favorite place for jogging - roadsides or tracks. But even if a run is made within the city limits, in a park area or even near a house, it is better to protect yourself and become visible at dusk and in the dark. To do this, it is important to position the reflectors in the front and rear on your equipment. Currently, many manufacturers of sportswear provide it with already sewn-in reflective stripes.
When buying clothes for jogging, it is important to pay attention to its overall quality: the seams should be flat and not rub during training, the materials should be light, and the clothes themselves should not be bulky. For high-intensity training, it is advisable to pay attention to compression clothing.
Regular jogging helps keep you fit, but unfortunately there is a downside. During long races, the legs experience a lot of stress, which can lead to the development of diseases of the veins and swelling. In order to avoid these troubles for athletes, compression clothing was developed.
Compression clothing is tight-fitting clothing. The positive effect of it occurs due to varying degrees of tissue compression of blood vessels, muscles and limbs. As a result of the distributed pressure, oxygen metabolism increases, the decomposition products of the muscles work faster, the outflow of venous blood faster. Thus, this clothing reduces swelling of the legs after running, prevents blood stasis (thrombosis) and increases coordination. Also, compression underwear has a positive effect on recovery after training. In addition, it is made from modern materials that promote moisture removal and thermoregulation during jogging.
Compression clothing is represented by T-shirts, T-shirts, underpants, tights, shorts, tights, leggings, golfs and socks.
Summer running clothes
Summer is the most comfortable time of the year for jogging: it is warm on the street and a minimum of clothing is required. The summer running equipment in the average version consists of the following components:
- T-shirt / T-shirt (for men),
- sports sconce (for women),
- shorts / tights,
- socks / socks,
As mentioned above, t-shirts and shorts should be made of synthetic materials with mesh inserts. They guarantee a good moisture dissipation, breathability and lightness. Underwear should ideally be seamless, or with a minimum of seams. Socks should fit snugly to the foot, have special inserts in the arch of the foot for additional support, reinforced toe and heel with a tight weave.
Socks, like all sportswear, should be made of absorbent and breathable materials. Do not forget about the hat. It can be represented by a cap, a visor, a bandana, a bandage, etc. The headgear, like all other clothes for running in the summer, should not be dark shades. It is better to give preference to light tones, so as not to increase the risk of heat stroke during training.
Winter running clothes
Winter is the most controversial period for jogging in terms of equipment selection. On the one hand, while jogging, clothes should keep warm, and on the other, they should remove excess moisture from the body, leaving it dry. This result is achieved by the multi-layer winter kit for running:
- the first (body) layer removes moisture from the body. This is a long-sleeved T-shirt, turtleneck, tights. At low temperatures, thermal underwear can be used for these purposes,
- the second layer retains heat while continuing to remove moisture to the third layer. It can be a warmed log-coat, fleece jacket, sweatshirt, sweatpants, warmed tights,
- the third layer is protective. It protects the runner from wind, rain, cold. Depending on the air temperature, this can be a windbreaker, insulated tracksuits, gloves (preferably mittens), a hat and a scarf (buff).
Depending on weather conditions, these layers may undergo changes: to be more or less warm, but the multilayered winter equipment is required.
Running clothes in spring and autumn
In spring and autumn it is difficult to choose a universal kit for running. Changeable weather, sudden rains and gusts of wind at any time can disrupt jogging plans. So that weather conditions do not make their own adjustments to your training schedule, in the spring-autumn outfit you need to take into account several points:
- multi-layer kit for running. According to the model of the winter set, in spring and autumn all three layers of clothes remain, but they are selected depending on the air temperature,
- mandatory presence of a windbreaker. Not a single sweater or sweatshirt will protect from wind and rain, like a windbreaker specially made for such weather,
- Do not forget about the hat and gloves. They will be lighter and thinner than winter ones, but they must be necessary.
Consider the basic elements of a set for running in any weather, which are offered by the brands of sportswear most demanded by customers. The models described below are presented in all brands in approximately the same price category, so that their cost is not a decisive factor in choosing a particular company. Each manufacturer has the widest price range, and can present both inexpensive budget models and luxury clothes.
Craft is a Swedish manufacturer of sports equipment and thermal underwear. Quality, advanced technology and stylish design are the main principles of this brand.
The T-shirt is made of thin and pleasant to the touch fabric. The shirt is equipped with an elastic mesh for improved drainage and ventilation. Even after intense training, the body remains dry. Composition: 100% Polyester. Season: spring-summer.
- sun protection UPF 25+,
- mesh inserts in the area of increased sweating.
- not found.
Thick inner shorts create a compression effect without restricting freedom of movement. Outer shorts wider and thinner provide air circulation. Ventilation is enhanced by mesh inserts that are located on the inside and outside. Perforation helps to cool the body. Shorts are represented by three compositional options: polyester 95%, elastane 5%, polyester 92%, elastane 8%, polyester 90%, elastane 10%. Season: spring-summer.